Accessibility statement for the Playford Parish Council web site
This website is run by Playford Parish Council. We want as many
people as possible to be able to use this website. For example,
that means you should be able to:
- Read the text without difficulty
- All the text is black on white and so provides high contrast
- Zoom in without the text spilling off the screen
- Use your browser's zoom function to get larger text
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard
- The 'Tab' key will move between links to other pages, and
the 'Enter' key will take you to the highlighted content
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- All links are textual so speech recognition software will
be able to find them
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including
the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- All the information on the site (except PDF files) is in
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- some PDF documents may not be fully accessible to screen reader
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like
accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We'll consider your request and get back to you in no more than
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website.
If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're
not meeting accessibility requirements, please email the Parish
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible
for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications)
(No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the 'accessibility regulations').
If you're not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact
Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website's accessibility
Great Bealings Parish Council is committed to making its website
accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites
and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
We believe that this website is fully compliant with the Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 10 March 2020. The test was carried
out by the site's webmaster.
We tested the main page of the site plus a random selection of
This statement was prepared on July 21 2020. It was last updated
on July 21 2020.